Wondering how healthcare transformation will affect your medical staff planning? Ascendient’s research shows that primary care visits will soar by more than 80 percent over the next decade, yet far fewer physicians will be needed. When technology, regulation and payment trends are rewriting the laws of supply and demand, you simply can’t afford a plan that’s based on outdated physician-to-population ratios.
At Ascendient, our proprietary, visit-driven model takes patient and physician perspectives into account, offering a much more nuanced assessment of your medical staff needs. With a keen understanding of the transformative pressures in the industry, our consultants can develop specific recruitment targets designed to help you achieve your strategic objectives.
Over the past two decades, Ascendient healthcare consultants have completed nearly 150 medical staff development plans for hospitals and health systems throughout the nation.
We have the experience and proven processes to account for factors such as overlapping service areas, multi-hospital systems with shared or segregated medical staffs, metropolitan dynamics, and the impact of teaching hospitals and academic medical centers.
Based on the accuracy of our forecasts, many clients have retained us to perform multiple updates on assessments we originally completed years ago.
Medical staff planning that fits your needs
Our medical staff planning approach includes multiple modules that can be customized to your specific requirements, from a simple, Stark-compliant Community Needs Assessment to a more complex Strategic Needs Assessment designed to optimize staffing for strategic growth targets such as:
- Raising market share/volume in key services of interest
- Supporting the offering of new/expanded services
- Servicing populations residing in outlying sub-markets
In addition, we have developed interactive, user-friendly healthcare staffing tools that allow physicians and hospital administrators to easily share and adjust staffing levels, both during and after the planning process. These strategic planning resources include:
- Internet-Based Medical Staff Surveys
- Physician Impact Calculator
- Succession Matrix
- Referral “Tracker”
When you need medical staff planning that’s customized, flexible and strategic, trust the healthcare consulting experts at Ascendient. If you’d like to know more about our approach, please:
- Read our white paper on how new delivery models will change the most basic assumptions in staff planning for hospitals, health systems and physician groups.
- Read this case study to see how our medical staff development plan helped Adventist Midwest Health in suburban Chicago attract 110 new physicians and $60 million in net revenue.
- Contact Brian Ackerman at 240-776-4752 to discuss your medical staff planning needs.